Students will be able to_x000D_
1. Examine a database, using Microsoft Excel to download it and later selecting the variables of study and preparing them for analysis._x000D_
2. Statistically analyze (frequency tables, in specific) a database, using IBM SPSS Statistics.
1. Classroom with computers for students and a computer and projector for the professor or a classroom with desks so the students can use their personal computers and a computer and projector for the professor_x000D_
2. Access to the Internet, Google Chrome, IBM SPSS Statistics, Microsoft Excel, and Word_x000D_
3. Prior reading by the students of these publications, as minimum: Computer and Internet use in the United States: 2013; A compass for understanding and using American Community Survey data: What PUMS data users need to know, and Maximizing research opportunities: Secondary data analysis (see Resource list/guide and Bibliography).